Table of Contents
How to Hire Employees for Cleaning Business
Before you start recruiting, read this post on how to hire employees for your small business. These eight things must be completed before you hire your first worker.blank line
This article will explain what you need to do to setup a staff recruitment plan:
– What the plan should include
– Establishing job descriptions that are used in your advertising
– Employee selection process
– Interview feedback
– Revoked job offers
To make recruiting easy, you should consider setting up a recruitment program. Once established, just follow the steps you have defined. This will streamline the hiring process by doing the research once to identify the platforms you want to use to run your ads and defining the positions you will need to fill. This plan will outline your strategy for finding, screening and hiring new employees.
As you use your plan, you can make changes to it as the need arises. For instance, advertising platforms come and go with many becoming a new trend where people hang out. One of these might be where you want to be to present your job opportunity. Your basic plan may remain the same with only minor tweaks needed each year.
As your business grows, your simple recruitment plan grows with it and is available to hand off to your new office manager when the time comes.
Setting Up a Staff Recruitment Plan
The best time to setup a recruitment program is before you start hiring. This defines your recruitment polices for attracting and selecting external candidates. This includes:
- Identifying the need to hire
- Job descriptions for each position
- What to include in help wanted ads
- The sources you will use for posting the ad
- The selection process
- The creation of a file of collected resumes and job applications
- How to review and shortlist applications
- The background check process to use
- Setting up a sample ad for each job you define
Creating Job Descriptions
Employee ads are created based on full job descriptions of each role. Job ads should be clear and accurately represent the open position. They should include:
- A brief description of your company and mission
- A short summary of the role’s purpose
- A list of responsibilities
- A list of requirements
- How to apply
Employee Selection Stages
The standard process you will use to include:
- Resume screening
- Phone screening
Decide if you will inform candidates you interviewed when you have decided to reject them. Leaving candidates in the dark can invite unnecessary callbacks from them.
First you want to make sure they won’t invite legal action. Being brief, respectful and keeping feedback job-related are the general rules for writing feedback emails to candidates.
If you have made a formal offer to a candidate that needs to be be revoked, you should draft and sign an official document. This document should include a legitimate reason for revoking the offer. Legitimate reasons include:
- Candidate is proved to not be legally allowed to work for our company at a specific location
- Candidate has falsified references or otherwise lied about a serious issue
- Candidate doesn’t accept the offer within the specified deadline (deadline must have been included in the offer letter)
You must notify the candidate formally as soon as possible.
These employee forms to hire new employees are included in our Employee and HR Bundle.
Once you have created the recruitment process, all you have to do is follow it when hiring and review it annually for updates. When the time is right to hire a manager or assistant, this important task is ready to delegate with properly documented policies and procedures.
Everything you need to setup your recruitment plan is included in our blueprint to start a house cleaning business.