How to market a housecleaning business is one of the top questions I get asked.
Depending on your talents, here’s 25 things you can do:
1. Use Social Media – I know, this is a given but businesses have literally grown from the ground up using only social media so I have seen the benefits first hand! If you need some ideas for marketing your business on social media, this post will give you the goods.
2. Host a Free Training – Record a quick video training, host a webinar or free call sharing your expertise. Remember to offer your services at the end for people who need more assistance.
3. Send Notes to Past Clients – Check in on them and see if they need any further services you can provide.
4. Ask for Referrals – Reach out to friends, family, acquaintances, and business associates letting them know about your business and how you can help. Ask them for referrals! Click here to discover how you can increase your success with referrals.
5. Attend a Meetup or Networking Event – These are a gold mine to share your business! Check with local chamber of commerce’s, business groups, or business events you can attend and network with others.
6. Promote a Discount or a Special Offer – This is a great way to attract new and old clients. Give them an incentive to work with you again!
7. Email Your Subscriber List – If you have one, this is an excellent source for business. They have already subscribed to your list so offer them what they know you can do! Need help getting started with email list building?
8. Write a Guest Post – This will help you get in front of a brand new audience! Choose another website or blogger that has a similar target audience as you, but is not in direct competition with you.
9. Strategic Relationships – Align yourself with other business owners and create a partnership where you promote each others services to their audiences.
10. Network in Facebook Groups – Another gold mine! There are groups made just for networking, groups filled with business owners of all industries, and you can do a simple search to find the right ones to start networking in.
11. Create a YouTube Video – YouTube has a HUGE audience of viewers and this could help you get in front of a whole new group of ideal clients.
12. Speak at an Event – Contact local colleges or business networks and offer to speak about your expertise. Networking groups on meetup.com can be useful in your city – also look for trade shows that you can participate in.
13. Create a Freebie – Create a high value free resource for your ideal fans that they can opt in to your email list for. Checklists, Challenges, Resource Guides, or Mini Courses – there is a lot of opportunity to grow your business with freebies.
14. Distribute Flyers – Do you have a specific neighborhood in your city that you want to service? Get a high-quality flyer customized for your business and distribute it in that neighborhood.
15. Sponsor an Event – Find a way to give back to your community and either make a donation or contribute your services to an organization in exchange for a business promotion.
16. Business Cards – When you’re out-and-about in your city, start conversations with people around you and hand out your business card when appropriate.
17. Interview Others – Seek out industry influencers in your city and interview them! The best businesses to use are those that offer home services, but are not in direct competition with you. Depending on the topic, even prospects for your services would be interested in learning what these businesses have to say. Offer it as a podcast or add it to your blog/website. Chances are good those businesses will share your interview with their network and help spread the word about your business.
18. Host Your Own Event – Charge a small fee to cover costs and blow people away by giving them a ton of value! Give them something to talk about and share with their network.
19. Run a Facebook Ad – These are hot hot hot right now and for good reason. They provide results! Offer your freebie, products, or just promote your page. Either way, this can be a huge benefit to growing your business.
20. Host a Twitter Chat – Connect with other Twitter users and chat about topics you are experts in. Use a cohesive hashtag and have everyone invite their fans to join.
21. Reach Out to Local Media – Contact local papers and news stations and tell them about your business! See if they will write a feature story on you or let you submit one.
22. Comment on Blogs – Comment on Influencer Blogs, make them thoughtful and relevant. Other fans will see them and be interested in who you are.
23. Comment on Social Media – Want to get noticed? Leave comments on Facebook pages and Reply to Influencers. Their followers will see your responses and it’s a great way to establish your expertise.
24. Periscope – This new social network is a great way to put your value out in the world. Remember to ask viewers to share with their networks.
25. Grab Your Yelp Page – Yelp is very popular and are high in the search engine results. So when people search on house cleaning services in your city, you can be sure these will be seen. Claim your Yelp Listing and customize your page.
What to do Next
Whew! That’s a big list to wade through. I’m not suggesting you should be doing all 25 things, but you should pick one to start with and follow it through on a regular basis. Regular marketing is what makes sales – not hit and miss.
I highly recommend you get my “top 10 why” reports on what you need to concentrate on with your Internet presence for your home cleaning business. Discover how to keep it fresh with these top 10 items you can slip into your current business plan or keep handy for easy reference. Click Here to see the four (4) reports that are included in the bundle.
Join us in the House Cleaning Business Mastermind, if you haven’t already!
How to Succeed When Most House Cleaning Businesses Fail
With the speed of the Internet and the constant changes, you can’t afford to let your competition out-pace you.
Discover how to keep your house cleaning business fresh with these top 10 items you can slip into your current business plan or keep handy for easy reference.